The Equopen portable hardness tester is a lightweight, portable instrument for measuring the hardness of steels. The revolutionary pen-style form factor makes it ideal for mobile, periodic use in the field, where fast, accurate hardness readings are essential.
The Equopen works according to a rebound principle, a dynamic hardness measurement technique. An impact body with a hard metal indenter ball is launched against the surface to be tested by a spring force. The displayed hardness value is then calculated from the measured data. The Equopen is made with the same Swiss quality and precision as our full featured hardness tester, the EQUOTIP.
- Direct display of hardness values in the Rockwell C scale (HRC)
- Large measurement range - 20 to 70 HRC
- High degree of accuracy - + 1 HRC
- Automatic switching on and off
- Simple handling and low test cost
- Suitable for iron-based metallic materials
- For test pieces that are heavy or already installed