EQUOTIP 3 Portable Hardness Tester
The EQUOTIP 3 is the latest evolution of the popular EQUOTIP series of portable metal hardness testers. With the EQUOTIP 3, Proceq has merged today's technology with customer suggestions - and over 30 years of experience - to create an instrument that is as capable as you need it to be, yet as easy to operate as you want it to be.
EQUOTIP 3 is ideal for production level testing and well-suited to on-site testing of heavy or large components before or after installation - the compact design makes it useful in difficult to access or confined test locations. It is excellent for material selection and acceptance tests and its accuracy (R>10mm) on curved test surfaces is ensured. EQUOTIP 3 is good for all metals and features custom conversions for uncommon alloys.
The EQUOTIP 3 measures the Leeb value (L) for materials, which is a ratio of the impact velocity to the rebound velocity. This L value is then converted to standard hardness scales such as Rockwell, Brinell, Shore and Vickers using conversion tables stored in the display unit and generated from the original Leeb block. Thus, an EQUOTIP instrument reading from today will match - within tolerance - that of an EQUOTIP instrument from 1975, when production first started!
EQUOTIP 3 portable hardness testers can be used with many different Impact Devices and Support Rings which allow for measurement of a wide variety of part geometries.
Some key features of the EQUOTIP 3 are:
- Simple operating menu structure & extensive on-screen help files
- Large, clear display with adjustable contrast and backlight
- Fast display of measurements
- Automatic correction for impact direction
- Converts directly to all common hardness scales (HV, HB, HRC, HRB, HRA, HS)
- Create and store up to 20 custom conversion curves
- Change conversions at any time - even while still testing
- Highly accurate + 4 HL (0.5% at 800 HL)
- Direct keys for measurement setup
- Easy-to-use menu structure for other instrument settings
- User profiles for fast change of setup - password protection option
- Rugged shock-resistant housing and sealed membrane keypad
- Internal rechargeable Li-Ion batteries or standard "C" cells
- Free and easy upgrades of firmware via internet
- Internal storage of ~100,000 measured values in a file/folder structure
- Download to PC via USB, Ethernet, or RS-232